Grand Prix Competition 1 – RikRic Cafe January 12th, 2019
Grand Prix Competition 2 – Mini Mini-Con May 4th, 2019
Grand Prix Competition 3 – San Japan August 30th – September 1st, 2019
Championship Competition – San Japan August 30th – September 1st, 2019
Each competition will have two classes:
A person may enter the class of their choice.
*Event staff may select to move an entry to another class if their work is determined to be not in line with its skill level.
Grand Prix Competition
Entries to the competition can be made at each event.
Entries that have won a previous contest will be disqualified.
One winner will be selected by a group of pre-selected judges chosen by San Japan.
The 1st place winner will not be eligible to enter into any of the further Grand Prix competitions for 2019.
2nd and 3rd places may re-enter later competitions but only with a new work.
First place winners from each of the advanced competitions will be entered into the Championship at San Japan 2019.
The models will be evaluated and the champion will be selected by a group of judges selected by San Japan.
The criteria for judging will be craftsmanship, painting, and concept.
Each entrant will need to fill out a form explaining their concept and the work done.
Judges may enter a competition that they are not judging.
Rules & Eligibility
The model must be created with plastic model original kits by BANDAI.
Limit of one entry per person per contest.
The builder of the model must be the one to enter it.
The model must be in dimensions no larger than 50cm x 50cm x 50cm.(19.68in x 19.68in x 19.68in)
A contestant who joins in the SJGP must acknowledge the rules and regulation of the contest.
Entrants must be present during the competition.
Minors must have guardian’s consent to enter.
The Championship will be held at San Japan 2019.
Restrictions and Regulations
- The model must be created with plastic model original kits by BANDAI.
(Use of copied and counterfeit products, licensor unauthorized GUNDAM/GUNPLA accessory products are prohibited.)
- A part which is made by a 3D printer will be not be accepted.
- Contestant work, description and other details which are against any rules and regulation from this contest will be forfeited from the contest without any prior notice.
- San Japan has the right to disqualify the entry if the model is or may be considered as listed below.
- Use of copied and counterfeit products are prohibited.
- We prohibit the entry of works which encroach or may encroach upon any third party’s portrait rights, intellectual property rights such as copyright and any other rights.(i.e.: No company logos, trademarks, or product lettering (etc.) may be used (unless prior written permission has been obtained from the rights-holder).
- The entrant will be fully responsible for its settlement as well as any cost which may occur in case of any disputes resulting from the submitted models. The entrant is also responsible for compensations for any damages for San Japan and or the third parties. Some examples include:
- Work which is contrary to morality or public order.
- Work which contains personal information.
- Work which contains slanderous expressions toward certain persons or groups.
- Inappropriate works which are not consistent with the purpose of this competition.
- Work which is mimicked or copied off of someone else’s work.
- The entrant will be fully responsible for any settlement as well as any cost which may occur in case of any disputes resulting from the submitted models.
- The entrants are also responsible for compensation of any damages to San Japan and/or the Third Parties.
- Contestant will be disqualified from the competition if you have previously placed 1st in any of the competitions leading up to the Championship and attempt to place another entry.
- Contestants who have been found to break any of the rules and regulation put forth by the organizer will be disqualified.
- The organizer will contact the contestant directly if an investigation is needed.
- If the contestant cannot be contacted, then the work will be disqualified.
- During the investigation, the contestant is required to send photos for more reference.
- If the contestant is unable to provide the photos, the work will be forfeited.
- A contestant that uses any copyrights background/character that will damage the 3rd parties’ brand may not be able to join the contest or ask to remove the content.
- A contestant may need to seek and provide written approval if they’re using any 3rd parties’ background that they purchase online or from any search engine.
- Contestants are not allowed to use their past works that have placed in other competitions/contests.
- Contestants that are not present at an entered contest will be disqualified.