Cosplay and Mall Rules
To ensure a fun and safe Mini-Mini Con for everybody, please follow the Cosplay and Mall rules below:
- Running and/or horseplay is not allowed on mall property.
- Appropriate attire is required, including shoes and shirts (ALL GENDERS are required to wear a shirt). Attire must be G or PG rated.
- Loud, boisterous, or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated on the property.
- Obscene or offensive behavior is prohibited.
- Offensive cosplays will not be tolerated. If a cosplayer wears attire that does not follow the above rules, they will be asked to change before being removed from the location by security.
- Realistic Weapon Props including realistic looking guns and knives are prohibited. Realistic Props include metal swords. Swords in sheaths or ones that are bonded, are not allowed. This weapons rule applies within event location and surrounding areas.
- No animals are allowed unless they are licensed and identifiable service animals. Emotional Support Animals and pets are not allowed at the event location.
- Wonderland of the Americas management, personnel, and security can ask any attendee to leave the premises if their attire is considered overly risque or their prop is considered dangerous. Refusal to follow orders or escalate will involve cops onsite to escort the attendees off the premise and issue a trespassing citation.
Cosplay Show rules are as follows:
- We will not allow store-bought / online-purchased costumes. No street clothes.
- Cosplay must be at least 50% original material.
- No “sandbagging” in which a cosplay has won any kind of top award at another larger convention, including San Japan.
- Participants must have good sportsmanship while competing prior to and during the Cosplay Show. Disparaging comments to other participants may lead to disqualification.
We will enforce the rules by doing a costume check upon signing up. Prizes will be Gift Certificates and Anime Merchandise.
Sign-Ups will take place at the convention. We do not offer online sign-ups. Cosplay signups will be in the Dealer Area located on the 2nd floor. Sign-up times will be between 12:30pm to 3:30pm.
This Cosplay Competition is a Walk-On style competition only. There will not be any Performance/Skit/Dance portion to the competition.
If you’d like to share your passion or run an interactive event we will accepting panelists at Mini-Mini Con. We will have a projector, screen, 3.5/AUX input and cables for HDMI and VGA inputs. Panel and Performance submissions are now open.
Performance Submissions close on March 5th, 2020.
Panelist Submissions end on April 5th, 2020.
Approved panelists will receive a code for 50% off San Japan 2020 badges. (Limit 1 Code per accepted panel. 1 Code will be good for a discount applicable to two people only).
** All approvals will be sent out by APRIL 20TH, 2020. Inquiring before then will have severe effects on approval. **
We will have multiple types of gaming throughout the convention. This includes card games, board games, video game free-play, up to a dozen arcade cabs, and music games.
Card Game Tournament at TBA:
MORE INFO COMING SOON
Entry Fee and Prizes posted at the convention.
Video Game Tournament:
Please contact us if you would like to organize a video game tournament at Mini-Mini Con. We will not be able to supply the consoles or TVs if you’re requiring Nintendo Switch consoles.
If you’re a fan organization or community outreach group, we now have applications open for groups to promote at Mini-Mini Con.
We are now accepting applications until April 5th, 2020 for groups to promote their fandom or services at Mini-Mini Con. This is a great way to reach our attendees absolutely FREE.
If you have an indie game to show to our attendees, we are offering a chance for indie studio/developers to show their games for FREE. Electricity and the potential for thousands of people to check out your game will be provided.
We are now accepting indie gaming applications up until April 5th, 2020.
Itasha Cars & Food Trucks
ItaPara, a group of individuals who share the interests of cars and anime, will be bringing out multiple Japanese cars “Itasha” style for exhibition.
Cars will be located by the Food Trucks near the mall medical entrance in the parking lot behind Target.
We will have a few Food Trucks of different types located by ItaPara. We do know which ones will be there and what types until days before the event.
Have anime items you want to trade? We’re bringing back the popular swap meet to Mini-Mini Con so you have a chance to swap with other fans!
Duration of Swap Meet will be during certain convention hours ONLY. Spaces will be First-Come/First-Serve, 3′ feet of table space MAX. It will take place between Saturday 1pm to 4pm. Swap Meet location will be marked on the maps to be released on APRIL 28TH, 2020.
** ANY CASH SALES SEEN BY STAFF WILL HAVE THEIR STUFF REMOVED FROM THE SWAP MEET AND EVICTED FROM THE MALL. **
** ANY VENDORS WHO ATTEMPT TO SETUP IN THE SWAP MEET WILL BE EVICTED FROM THE MALL AND BANNED FROM ALL MINI-MINI CON / SAN JAPAN EVENTS FOR LIFE. **
TRADE ONLY. No cash payments allowed, no 18+ products, no realistic weapons. Violation of these rules could result in being banned from the event location, future events and possibly NineTails or San Japan.